Friday, November 15, 2019

Me Vexed


This wasn't a good week.  The last thing I wanted was to have my blood pressure raised again when I arrived at the gym.  Unfortunately, Caiden and his cousins Keith and Keon did just that.  As usual, the boys showed up late to the gym.  Another 15 minutes of playing around took place further cutting down on the time available for sparring.

Keith put a pair of sparring gloves on then announced, "I'm not sparring today."  "This is just like at Hamlin Park, waiting until the last minute to say, 'I don't want to fight'," I told Keith sarcastically.  Keon and Caiden sparred but in the middle of the first round, Caiden dropped to the canvas and rolled out of the ring.  "I quit," Caiden grumbled.  "Why?" I demanded.  I wasn't given a coherent answer.

No such drama happens with Jazzmyne and her brother Elijah, who showed up for the next class.  It helps greatly that their parents are totally on board with their kids learning the sport properly and participating in it.  Both Jazzmyne and Elijah soak up everything Rick and I show them, and they are hungry to learn more.

Rick believes Caiden and his cousins can learn to be disciplined in the sport.  However, my patience has long disappeared.  When Caiden and his cousins aren't playing around, they're constantly sniping at each other.  Not much in the way of training happens during the hour. 




No comments: