Thursday, May 09, 2019

More Antics


Jaylen was caught on tape being disrespectful towards Sahia.  Mikayla was taping her mom as she was helping out with the kids yesterday.  Upon reviewing the video later, Jaylen was seen rolling his eyes and sticking out his tongue behind Sahia's back every time she had given him instructions.  Luckily, I didn't catch that because Jaylen would have been sent home.  Jaylen didn't come to the gym today, but I will have some strong words when I see him next. 

David showed up today without his cousin Esteban.  Esteban couldn't come to the gym, I was told, but David had no other explanation as to why.  "Okay," I sighed, deciding not to waste my breath making any further comment.  Sahia has made arrangements for a teen from another gym to come in next week to spar with both David and Esteban.  I'm not going to be happy if either David or his cousin decide to blow that opportunity off.

Aaliyah and her sister Aria did much better today, but I would still like to see more focus from both of them.  If they sign up for the summer class, there will be a few more girls in class for them to work with.  Kayla re-signed up yesterday, and to my surprise, Damaris re-registered today. 

A new kid, Javonta, signed up for the summer class.  "I want to be like Mike Tyson," he told Sahia and me.  The only issue is his mom being able to get her son there.  The boxing class schedule bumps up against the mom's work schedule.  I hope she can work it out because Javonta looks to be very eager to learn how to box. 

Sahia suggested that I call the parents in for an introductory meeting to go over the rules and regulations of the program each session.  It's a great idea, but seeing how half of the parents are using the program as a free babysitting service, it's not workable.  Few of the parents follow the instruction to talk to me before signing their kids up.  I can't expect them to show up to a meeting. 

No comments: