Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Boxing Photo Gallery


One of the nice things about having work flexibility is the ability to have some free time once in awhile during the day.  Between doing paperwork at the office and having to call on prospective clients, I had time to attend the boxing show at the Daley Plaza.  Unfortunately, Geniece and Nayhomee were not able to get fights.  All of the fights featured youths who were from mostly from Ada Park, Garfield Park, Taylor Park, and Scottsdale Park.  The best fight was between an eight year old and a nine year old.  The eight year old was the shorter fighter, but he had great form.  I complimented him after he won.  

After the fight, I got some lunch.  There was an empty seat next to me, and a woman named Becky asked if she could sit there and have her lunch. We started talking, and she told me that hadn't been into the recent World Cup soccer games.  We both had played soccer briefly when we were younger.  I mentioned that I boxed, and Becky said, "Wow!  You're the first female boxer that I've met!"  We had a pleasant conversation, and before she left, she told me to be careful.  I had told her about the concussion I once received when I was knocked out a few years ago.  

There was a good number of people in the gym, so I decided to do something different in terms of taking pictures.  I got shots of everyone except for Josh, who came in later with his twin sons, and Melinda, who also came in later.  


Colonel shadow boxes in the ring.


Geniece works the "Roger" bag.


Hendy puts on a pair of bag gloves.


John plays around for the camera.


Joseph works the body snatcher bag.


Ken wraps his hands.


Nayhomee wraps her hands as she sits in the tire.


Nick pounds the bag.


Rachel takes a break to check her phone.

I shadowboxed most of the time, and got in two rounds on the "Roger" bag near the end of gym time.  I was really hitting that bag fast and hard, probably because I hadn't hit any of the bags in the gym in awhile.  It would be great if that speed and force would translate to when I'm sparring or in bouts.


No comments: