Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Whoomp, There It Is


Teacher John had his iPod on.  He gave me a listen through his headphones, and the song "Whoomp! (There It Is)" was playing.  Alan said, "I used to go around the house saying that all the time!" and he repeated the song title. It was funny how he said it.

Outside of John, only Keith and Matthew came to the gym.  Probably some didn't come in because it was Veterans' Day, and they assumed the field house wasn't open.  John was still coughing even though he said he wasn't feeling sick anymore.


Keith (in the white shirt) sparred with John.  They were the only two that sparred.  Afterwards, John was coughing again.  "I can't breath.  My nostrils are stuffed up," he said.  "That's too much information," Alan grinned.


Colonel got in contact with Alan, and he told him about the coaches' clinic in Milwaukee.  "I'm not going up to Wisconsin.  The last time I went to a clinic was when Colonel and I attended that one in the western suburbs.  They can hold clinics here," Alan said.  That's how I feel.  Illinois is under Wisconsin's authority when it comes to amateur boxing; however, this state doesn't just have coaches in Chicago only.  There are many cities: Aurora, Springfield, Waukegan, Rockford, Elgin, Peoria, etc., where clinics could be held to make it convenient for coaches near those towns to attend.


No comments: