Monday, June 13, 2011

Barry Runs It

The gym was scheduled not to be open tonight.  Alan had to call off, and Mary didn't want me to have to deal with the newbies -- Amanda, Ray, Nate, Ursula, and Renee -- on my own.  However, Mary was able to convince Barry to come and open the gym.  Professor, his brother, and Marcus were also in attendance.

Professor and his brother Miles had a very good sparring session that went on for a few rounds.  Barry was concerned that the ring was going to fall down.  The ropes and a few of the poles need to be tightened up.  It always takes awhile before that gets done.

Barry went over a lot of stuff with the newbies, including working the pads.  I held pads for Ursula, and in turn, she held pads for me.  Renee and Amanda worked with Barry on the pads.  I got in a good workout doing that, as well as going in-between the bags. 

Tonight was the first time that I remember all the newbies staying until the end of the night.  Normally, most of them leave early on the first night, but they all seemed satisfied with what they learned throughout the evening. 

No comments: