Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Hot Time In The Gym. . . Literally


Above is one of the rounds of sparring that Ray and Leon did.  None of the trash talking that was evident on Monday; just two guys working with each other in the ring.





In the above picture, Amy works the heavy bag.  Alan is on the speed bag in the background.  See that fan next to him on the floor?  I donated that fan a couple of years ago, and it was needed tonight.


Oscar and I sparred right before Ray and Leon did.  "I give you credit for hanging in there with him, because Oscar is quick," Ray told me later.  "Yes, he is.  I couldn't chase him around the ring," I replied.  I didn't think I did so well.  My hands were down at the wrong times, and I waited on Oscar too much when I should have thrown the first punches.  For some reason, I couldn't get in any left hooks to Oscar's head, but I could get in right hooks to his midsection. He likes to throw right hooks, and I remained mindful of that.  A few did connect, however. 




The second video is a continuation of Ray and Leon sparring.  They only did two rounds.  The heat in the gym didn't help either.  I was too drained after sparring to do a few more rounds on the bags.  Most everybody else was feeling the effects, too. 

No comments: