Thursday, August 12, 2010

Barry's Boys

Thankfully, my punch mitts were still in the gym today.  Barry was using them with Marquis when I walked in.  "These are great!  They are so light!" he smiled.  I'm glad he was the one who found them, and I didn't mind that he was using them. 

The great news was Kevin won the Junior Golden Gloves Championship in Nevada.  The bad news was that a lot of the younger guys haven't been coming around on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Diego's been gone since October, having suddenly gone with another trainer.  Only Marquis and Eric were in the gym when I got there.  Later, Jimmy and Sani, two older youngsters, came in. 

Barry and I also talked about the news that Rick, JJ's trainer, won the Master's belt at the Ringside Championship.  Rick is 55 years old.  When I first read about it elsewhere on the 'Net, I thought, "That's what I'm talkin' about!"  Rick had made a comment in the news article about just because men are 50 and over doesn't mean they have to lay down and expire.  That is so true. 

No comments: