Thursday, April 30, 2009

Again With Oscar

Terrell came by the gym accompanied by his cousin, a friendly, cute three year old boy. Terrell has finished his Biology degree, and is going to get his Chemistry degree. He's going to be around during the summer, so he plans to come by the gym more often.

I sparred with Oscar again, and the punches were a little harder coming from me. But I noticed that Oscar wasn't hitting me that hard, so I didn't go full out. Alan told me to stop reaching, which is bad habit of mine. I feel better about blocking jabs coming in. Now if I would only get better at avoiding the right crosses and hooks that usually follow the jabs.

Finally remember the names of the father and son who come to the gym. E is the dad's name, and his son is Markel. I don't feel so bad that I initially mistook Markel for being a girl. A few other people have made that mistake as well. Markel has his hair in braids, and he has a lot of hair. I can see how people would mistake him for being a female. He's been following his dad around the gym more, and hitting the bags.

Paul's been wearing a Kangol hat lately instead of his yalmuke. Turns out that Alan and Paul attend the same synagogue.

John was telling Sadiq that while his hands still have the speed, his feet won't move fast in the gym anymore. John and I are the same age, so I understood exactly what he was talking about.

No comments: