Friday, May 23, 2008

Open Later

When I got to the fieldhouse, Rob had to call Mary to come by with a key to open the gym. Jilberto has a key to the gym, but he doesn't work at the fieldhouse on Friday. When Mary arrived, I told her I doubted that anyone would show up. It was the Friday before a holiday weekend, and normally, attendance is low. I had a CD of music I downloaded from iTunes, so I put it on.

Foster came in about 10 minutes later. He's proven himself to be very consistent so far. He comes in and does a pretty consise workout routine.

BK, one of the staff members, came in and talked for awhile. He told me he has plans to open up a few businesses down the line. It's interesting to learn about people's future plans to even be more successful. BK always struck me as being a thoughtful, serious sort, so I wasn't exactly surprised when he told me about his plans.

Foster and I were the only two for a while until Manny came in. I hadn't seen him for awhile. Manny had been training at Clarendon Park, but he explained that not much has been going on down there. He plans to come to Loyola Park on Fridays to get a workout in. Manny wants to get a few Park District boxing show fights during the summer. I haven't seen a schedule for those shows yet, but one should be out soon.

Jermaine was the last one who came in for the evening. I quit working out around 8:30 PM, but kept the place open an extra 15 to 20 minutes for him and Manny, who came in later. Manny, like Barry, suggested that I apply for Steve's old job. Even Jermaine was saying that it would be a good idea for me to do so to keep the gym going. Mary told me earlier that the job still hadn't been posted online, but she'll let me know when it is.

No comments: