Friday, May 30, 2008

Possible New Recruit

Martha is a crossing guard that I see most weekday mornings on my way to the temporary custodian job at my church. She saw me with a Golden Gloves hoodie on, and inquired if I boxed. I told her that I go to Loyola Park, and she was interested. "I need to tone up," she told me. I gave her info about when the summer session will begin. "Don't sign for spring, because that session is almost over, and the Park District won't give you a discount because of that. You'll have to pay the full fee, then pay another full fee for summer," I told her.

Keith strolled in on Wednesday night, asking where Steve was. I know Steve told him he was going to resign. Perhaps Keith forgot. He hung around for awhile, then left. Deb, Carla, Paul and myself were the only ones in the gym until Jermaine came in later.

Earlier on Thursday, while riding the 'L home, I ran into Arin, who hasn't been in the gym in weeks. She said she would try to make it back in.

I think I'm going to suggest to Mary that the gym should be closed during that week in-between the spring and summer sessions. My goal is to keep characters from roaming in, looking for a free workout. Once June rolls in, activities in the fieldhouse increase, meaning more people hanging around. If no coach is hired by the time the summer session starts, then the week off would be a good time for me to come up with an interim lesson plan for the newcomers.

Learned that Brian hurt more than his thumb sparring the other week. Paul told me that Brian's hand had been broken in two places. I hope it heals up soon.

No comments: