Thursday, April 03, 2008

Meanwhile At The Gloves

I had seen George C., JJ's opponent tonight, fight before. I believe I saw a tape of one of his bouts. George C. held his opponent more often than he threw punches, and somehow managed to win. I was taping JJ's fight with him using Mike's camera. During the second round, I came down to the main floor to get a better view.

One of the guys whom I was standing near grumbled about George C.'s fighting methods. "When I fought with him, he was holding me all the time, too. I can't stand the way he fights," the guy commented. Others nearby admonished the referee for not taking points from George C. Before the decision was announced, George C. raised his right arm in victory. "Put your arm down," one man in the audience yelled. The judges gave the win to JJ.

No comments: