Friday, April 04, 2008

An Addition To The Four

Another new person, a guy, came into the gym this evening. I overheard JJ tell him that it was okay for him to join the others in the ring. Steve was teaching the new people how to wrap their hands. Instead, the guy jumped rope and did what appeared to be a form of footwork in front of the mirrors. He didn't stay long, and he was gone long before the other new people left.

Mike stopped in for a minute near the end of the night. He said he wasn't feeling well. I gave him his camera; he had forgotten to get it back from me last night while we were at the Golden Gloves. Hopefully, he'll feel better soon.

After the new people left, JJ and Steve did some work on the pads. Steve didn't want JJ to do a hard workout, since he has another fight at the Gloves tomorrow night.

The thought crossed my mind to jump rope instead of using the step tonight. I had said to myself that eventually, I would go back to jumping rope on a regular basis. My knees were not up to the challenge, however. They have been bothering me for the past couple of days. I suppose I could get some over-the-counter arthritis meds, but since they only mask the pain, but not cure it, what would be the use? Exercise would probably be better with alleviating some of the symptoms.

No comments: