Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Friday of The Year

JJ and Keith came in, plus a couple of guys who normally train at a gym out in Schiller Park. One of the Schiller Park guys looked very familiar to me. I think he might have visited Loyola Park over a year ago. He reminded many of Mike, by his quickness and the way he moved.

Gabe also came in, as he usually does when he has breaks from college. He told Steve that he was planning to attend law school at the college where Steve and Ellen will be teaching later in 2008. "I don't have contacts in the law school, but I'm sure Ellen does," Steve told him.

Jordan walked in the gym later on. "Well, look who it is! Jordan comes in 15 minutes before closing time!" Steve commented. "I've been sick, man," was Jordan's excuse. He said he'd be on time next week and wanted Steve to work him hard.

Steve wondered about Josh, who used to come in the gym on and off. "I think Josh is still in Japan teaching English," I said. For a brief minute, I had considered doing that. All you need is a college degree in anything. Seeing how I've never been on a plane in my life, nor been anywhere outside of the USA --I've seldom traveled outside of Illinois, for that matter -- that idea faded quickly.

The gym will probably be crowded next week when the winter session begins. It usually is with people looking to burn off all pounds they gained between Halloween and New Year's Eve.

No comments: