Thursday, December 27, 2007

Three For The Gym

Outside of Steve, myself, Andy and Keith were in the gym last night. Steve commented on how he assured everybody last week that the gym would be open, but yet, few showed up. I noted Jordan's absence especially. He was begging Steve to let him spar the last time, and Steve wouldn't because Jordan had been missing a few times. I bet he shows up on Friday to put the beg on Steve again to get in the ring. I wouldn't be surprised if Jordan gets turned down again.

I had been home all day because I took a floating day to extend the Christmas holiday a little bit. After I got a little housework done, it felt good to get a short nap in during the afternoon. Luckily, Les called and woke me up, or else I would have been sleeping up until it was time to go to the gym. Les got the men's spa certificate I sent him, and he told me to expect my birthday/Christmas gift in the mail. I'm wondering if he actually brought me something from the Ringside catalog I lent him.

Steve and I worked on the punch mitts. He pointed out that I have a habit of not moving around after I throw punches. After all this time, I'm still trying to figure out why I do that. The idea is not to get hit, or get hit much. One resolution is set for 2008 -- move around more in the ring!

No comments: