Friday, October 05, 2007

Another Sprain?

I went to see the physical therapist, James, whom Steve recommended last night after work. James thought I had a sprain. "Did you lift anything heavy? Fall recently?" he asked. I searched my brain, and couldn't come up with anything. The last time I knew I sprained my shoulder was the summer of 2005 when I was in an accident that totaled the car my father left me when he passed away.

James was very helpful. "How did you know to come here?" he asked. I told him Steve's name, and he chuckled. "Yeah, I remember Steve," he said. He gave me some exercises to do, and told me to call him on Monday if I didn't notice any improvements.

Now I'm debating if I should go to Hamlin Park tomorrow. Yale was going to introduce me to some female boxers, and perhaps set up some sparring. I received an email from Margaret, the choir director at my church, questioning if I should do that in light of my shoulder. She has a point. There's no sense in me continually re-injuring my shoulder. For all I know, this could be a flare-up from when I hurt it two years ago. James did say it was kind of unusual that it would hurt now from boxing, considering that I have been involved in the sport for about seven years.

No comments: