Saturday, September 08, 2007

The President and College

Mike Q., who is the president of the IL Boxing Association, came by the gym, with a woman named Tiffany, whom he trains. Tiffany is Candace's sister, and she's been boxing for awhile. Tiffany was doing a footwork exercise that looked very good. I'm always having to work on mine, so I'm going to start doing that exercise, too.

The posters asking for volunteers for the World Boxing Championships are out, and they look very nice. I'm going to get more information because I would like to help out. It'll be cool to meet other boxers from other countries.

Wally announced that he is leaving to go to college. He's majors in computer science at Rusk. There have been a lot of college students and grads attending the gym over the years. Jermaine, Danny, Gabe, Josh, Raquel, Bregina, Ben and Terrell are just a few, not to mention Steve, who's completing his Ph.D. I have a college degree in Management. And people say boxers are dumb. . .ha!

2 comments:

the.dub said...

Hey-

I'm checking in to see when the next session begins at Loyola Park.

-C

Hillari said...

Hi C,

The next session begins on Wednesday, September 26 at 7:00 PM. The gym will be closed on Friday, September 28 due to the annual Loyola Park boxing show, which will begin at 7:00 PM.

The boxing show will take place in the fieldhouse in one of the basketball gyms. A ring will be set up, and about eight to ten fights will be scheduled. Loyola amateur boxers will take on amateur boxers from other fieldhouses around the city. Which reminds me. . .I need to ask the fieldhouse supervisor if she wants me to sing the national anthem again.