Thursday, January 25, 2007

Missing Or Not

Just occurred to me that James has not been in the gym for awhile. He was the one who showed up a week before the Winter session began. He said he had long wanted to take up boxing. He's wasn't the only newbie missing last night.

The ones who did come in, I showed them how to use the speed bag and the double end bag. The women, in particular, were worried about the bags hitting them in the face. The only way a speed bag is going to do that is if you are right up on it. The double end bag is a different story, and there was a new, bigger one up last night. The bladder had gone out on the old one.

Betty and I really want to learn how to work the pads better, so we did that last night. Now I wasn't doing much last night because a slight cold was bothering me, and I wasn't into the overall workout. Working on the pads did work up a sweat, which I needed. I've been concerned about not getting enough exercise ever since my right knee's been jacked up.

Keith was in last night, and actually did a workout. I was surprised. Steve ran him, Mike and Sadiq through various exercise drills last night. Junior is expected back from North Carolina next week, so he'll be in the training mix, too, for the Golden Gloves.

No comments: