Monday, January 29, 2007

Slippin' and Fallin'

On the way to church today, I slid most of the way down the street. It had snowed, and the light dusting covered the patches of ice. A half-block away from the church, I slipped and fell to the ground. Later, I slipped on a bus due to coffee that was carelessly spilled on the floor. I called Les to remind him I had to see the physical therapist again tomorrow, and he joked, "Just don't go rollerblading tonight."

Just as it seemed my right knee was getting better, it seems to have suffered a setback. I was in the grocery store, when my knee gave way for a moment. I had to grab onto the shopping cart to keep from falling.

Jumping rope is still out of the question, although I can do some light bouncing on the old tire in the gym. Squats and "girl" push-ups are impossible because of the pain. The situation has become frustrating. I wish there was some way to speed the healing up, but the cartilage is highly stubborn.

2 comments:

Hillari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hillari said...

testing