Sunday, December 24, 2006

Viewing Rocky

Both Gabe and I had seen the new movie Rocky Balboa. That character is like a celluoid patron saint to a lot of boxers. Gabe slipped and told the ending of the film to Steve, who exclaimed, "Man, you just ruined the movie for me!" Steve said he'd still like to see it, however. The movie is not one of the best in the series, but it does what it is supposed to do -- tie up the 30 year old movie series. Kinda of hard to believe that I was 15 years old when the first Rocky movie premiered.

Sparring was intense Friday night, with Sadiq, Gabe, Nate Sr., Jovan and Lavar participating. None of the other women came in, but even if they had, my right knee still wasn't stable enough to do a lot of jumping around. The guys exhibited a lot of energy, and they did a lot of good work.

2 comments:

Trayce said...

Thanks for posting about WC. I tried to get boxingdiva! But you had it! TZPR works better for me anyway.

Happy Holidays

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Have been reading through your blog, which i have found interesting.

Where exactly do you box? Been looking for someplace on the northside of chicago, i'm near the evanston boarder.