Thursday, December 21, 2006

Light Attendance

It appears that I haven't written here in awhile. It's a combination of forgetfulness and nothing much going on because of the lull during the holidays. Junior went out of town to see his mom, and several others are out right now, as well.

Raymond, who had originally trained under Barry, has been coming in more often. I overheard him asking Erin if she and I were the only females who come to the gym. Erin told him there were a few others, but they haven't been in recently. Betty had some minor surgery, and was in last week. She may not have come in last night because of still having to take it easy. Breagina disappeared some time ago, and Racquel has not come in for awhile. Lan will be back to her military duties in January, and she might already be gone. Helen dropped out again, and other new women backed out early on, as well.

Raymond did some light sparring with Bovino after Steve bragged about him having fast hands. It was true; Raymond's fists were flying. Not bad for a guy who hasn't been in regular training for three years.

Steve asked if I wanted to spar with Erin, but I begged off due to my right knee still being jacked up. It's been ten days since I slipped on the ice on the way to church. My knees is still stiff, swollen, and painful. It has been hard going trying to work out properly because I can't move around like I want.

Sadiq said his wife took the belt he won at the Barney Ross tournament back during the summer, and for some reason, she won't give it back. That sounded odd to me, but not wanting to get all in his business, I didn't ask Sadiq why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have misssed you. Sorry to hear you fell. Hope you are feeling better.