Sunday, December 10, 2006

Birthday At The Gym

Some of the guys asked me why did I come to the gym on my birthday. "You could have gone to the club," Sadiq said. Way too cold this past Friday to get all dressed up to go out. Besides, I liked that I spent the evening of my birthday down at the gym. I hadn't planned anything for that day other than being off from work and buying a new pair of roller skates. A rather low-key day. We were there until a little after 9:00 PM, so I got in a good workout, especially on the double end bag.

Sadiq was fine when he came in, but his stomach started giving him trouble. He was laying down most of the evening. Bad thing about that was that he still had to go to his night job later. Junior had called Steve to say he wasn't coming in. It was too cold for him to ride down on his bike. Junior is rather frugal, so paying money to ride public transportation was not an option for him. The only other woman who was there was Sarah. She said she wouldn't mind sparring with Erin, but Erin didn't come in that night.

No comments: