Thursday, November 30, 2006

Branding and Tats

After a week off for the Thanksgiving holiday, it was back to the training in the gym. No sooner had I got inside, Junior announced that he got a tattoo. Mike's ex-wife is a tattoo artist, so Junior got a hook up on a free one. It is a tattoo of a bull, and it looks very nice. He had just gotten it done on Tuesday.

Tony came in with Bovino, a big guy who not only had tats but brands on both of his arms. He explained to me that one was the ancharchy sign, one was a design he made up, and another was a symbol reflecting his Serbian heritage.

I had a very energetic workout last night. Maybe it was because of the time I had off that I had so much of it to expend. A doctor's visit I had the day before propelled me to work a little harder. I ran out of my high blood pressure pills, and I was required to see my doctor before I could get another refill. He had to check me out to make sure I was still doing okay. "Your chloresterol is high, your blood pressure's a little high, and your blood sugar is slightly off." Damn, I thought to myself. That's all I need, having diabetes on top of hypertension. I figured that I wouldn't be able to dodge the high blood pressure bullet--my dad and his mother had it, too. However, they and my maternal grandmother also had diabetes. The doctor's words to me were another hint that I need to stop goofing around and take better care of myself. Daily insulin shots do not sound appealing to me, so I have to work harder to avoid having to deal with that situation.

No comments: