Friday, September 08, 2006

Grade School Bodyguards

Kevin, or Toby, as he's sometimes called, told me he has bodyguards at school. We were on our way back home from a boxing show at Simons Park last night. There was no match available for Junior, but Kevin was able to get one. Unfortunately, he ran up on the other kid after the bell for the third round sounded. The kid stepped to one side and knocked Kevin down with a jab. Kevin had won the previous two rounds, but that knockdown didn't look good on the scorecards.

"How did you get bodyguards?" I had to ask. Kevin explained that he is the strongest kid in his 5th grade class. All he had to do was to threaten to beat up the kids if they refused to be his bodyguards. Another kid refused to pay up on a dollar bet, so Kevin put his bodyguards on him. They promptly grabbed the other kid and got Kevin's payment. I was thinking I wish I could have had bodyguards when I was in grade school. As I was picked on constantly, they would have come in handy.

Seems like every time I see Kitchen, he has pictures for me, and I just have enough money in my pocket to pay him. There were some nice shots of a couple of matches Junior had, including a match involving Mike. A couple of pictures show me assisting Steve in the corner with Mike. I took some pictures last night with my old 35mm of Kevin, and some of the happenings at the boxing show.

Broke a nail on my left hand, right in the middle. It can't be cut because of the way it's broken. I was holding punch mitts that were too big for my hands. Steve threw a jab, and my nail bent back. Had to put a bandage on it. I'm going to have to get nail glue to fix it, and hope that it will grow over the break.

No comments: