Thursday, September 14, 2006

Watching The Gym Door

George, a beefy guy from Clarendon Gym, came in last night. "I'm a friend of Emmanuel," he told Steve. Emmanuel did show up several minutes later.

Junior said that maybe the reason Sadiq hadn't been in for nearly a month is because he's still ticked about his stuff being stolen. Who then walks in later but Sadiq, along with his wife Lauren. He didn't work out, but told Steve he'd be up for some fights soon. Lauren told Steve that yes, Sadiq was still pissed about his stuff being stolen. I don't blame him, but unfortunately, people are slick, and Steve can't watch the door the whole time he's there.

We're not going to Eckhart Park today, so I guess I have to go to choir rehearsal. They'll rag on me about missing last week's rehearsal I'm sure. However, this is nothing new. Long time members and the choir director know I'm always missing from time to time during the boxing show season, and later when the Golden Gloves are going on. Sigh. . .I have to keep explaining that every year.

No comments: