Thursday, August 31, 2006

Certification In The Game

Talked to Steve last night about the process of being certified as a coach. It's been on my mind to become licensed as one for some time. I could become a Level 3 coach, which means I could coach and be a corner person on the local, state and national levels. The price is $15.00 higher than the athletes's license. The certification process doesn't sound very hard. Steve told me he would let me know when the next certificate date comes up.

Junior said he would do the PAL (police) boxing tournament after going back and forth about. He had several worries about participating, one of which being, there may be stronger competition to go up again. I think he could do well in that tournament. It's a matter of him having focus and wanting the win more than his opponent.

I forgot that Neil stopped in for a visit last week. We joked that he hadn't gained or lost weight, but looked the same. Not sure if he's planning to come back into the gym anytime soon.

Did 35 crunches last night, and they felt easier to get through. It could be because I have started doing 30 crunches on the days when I'm not at the gym. Muhammad and I were talking about how hard it is to get rid of belly fat. I don't know why it is so stubborn to move. I dated a guy who went up and down in weight on ocassion. No matter what he lost elsewhere, that belly remained. He would laugh and say other martial artists (he was heavily into that) had the same problem.

No comments: