Thursday, April 27, 2006

Somewhat Of A Lull

Ben wondered if the warmer temperatures were keeping people out of the gym. Only myself, Ben, Junior, Logan 2 and Joe were there tonight. Weather could have been the reason, but there is a bit of a lull right now before the Chicago Park District summer boxing show season starts. Steve stayed home; Ellen was sick, and he wanted her to rest while he took care of their son.

Junior was telling me that jogging was the best thing. He jogs and runs all the time. I may take that up now that the seasons have changed. There is a track not far from the house that I can use. I admitted that I have been very lazy about roadwork (running/jogging); I don't do it. I want to in-line and roller skate a lot this summer to help with stamina and endurance. Now all of my skates are street ready, including the rink skates, which were converted to street skates. I put street wheels on them, replacing the old indoor wheels.

A kid came in and asked about the gym. He was harmless enough, although I did have to lightly admonish him against hitting the bags and jumping rope. Had to tell him a few times to come back when the kids are in the gym. Didn't want to discourage him; when I see kids hanging around the gym door looking curious, I'm helpful with giving information.

No comments: