Friday, April 28, 2006

New Toys To Play With

Steve was back in the gym on Friday. His wife is better. Turns out she doesn't have strep throat, but what looks like a bad cold, which is torture enough.

The new equipment he ordered some time ago finally came in. A new medicine ball, a maize ball, groin protectors, a fast feet (to help a boxer stay in correct stance and build up power in the legs), aerobic shadow boxer, an ab wheel and jump ropes. I noticed that a T-shirt and hat was included in the order. I guess because a certain amount was spent on the equipment, a few free items were thrown in. Steve gave me the hat.

I have an ab wheel at home, but I seldom use it. Great exercise for the abs and arms, but hard to use. After trying the one at the gym, I gave up and did regular push ups and crunches. My upper body strength could be improved; I don't do many push ups before my arms start crying for mercy. My strength in actually in my legs.

It was another one of those nights where I had to force myself to focus on the workout. I'm becoming tired of spending part of or all of my workout taking out my anger over irritations at work; it's been happening too often over the past couple of months.

Got some good news when I stepped on the digital scale; I lost a few pounds. Haven't been eating a lot of the junk I was last week.

No comments: