Sunday, May 06, 2018

Registration Concerns

Aavar (I hope I spelled the name right) began class yesterday.  Normally, I'm against signing up people this late in the session.  However, his father was very polite, which was a welcome change from some other parents who whine and attempt to push their kids into the program.  Also, Aavar had some training over at Sheridan Park.  Aavar is also signed up for the summer session.  
Both the kids and teen classes have been populated more than usual this time around.  The lack of equipment in the gym is glaring, as both Doneisha and Sahia have noted.  Supposedly, the park district "has more equipment than there are kids", but that has yet to be proven to me.  Requests I put in for what is needed goes unanswered or I'm told there's not enough in the budget to purchase anything.  That concerns me as the kids' class appears it will be full again for the summer session.
 
Iz nor his brother Abrahant are on the summer attendance sheet despite Iz telling me several days ago that they were interested in signing up again.  This has happened several times with them. Their parents wait until way after the registration period has started to inquire about signing up.  I tell them to sign their sons up ASAP, then they wait for whatever reason.  One of the last times they registered, Iz and Abrahant barely made it in before the class filled up.  I also haven't forgotten that both boys dropped out of the past winter session without a word to me.  I'm curious as to why they're suddenly interested in returning to the gym.  
Very few of the people who are in all of the boxing classes have re-registered for spring.  Damaris, despite not being able to train all five days, signed up again.  Anayah was the first of the kids to re-register.  Idris' name is on the list too; however, Idris hasn't been in the current class for several days.  I'll probably have a summer class full of new people whom I can't and won't put into the boxing shows until later in the season.  

No comments: