Saturday, April 28, 2018

A Dwindling Situation

Tyvell and Terrence are gone.  Their mom had warned them that not doing their homework, talking back to their teacher, and having bad attitudes at school as well as at home would cost them something.  The boys were also in swimming; she took them out of the class as well.  They join Fabian, who is also no longer in class due to the same issues.  I put up a new sign that I should have created a long time ago which says I will totally back up any parents/guardians who take their kids out of the class for those reasons.  
Iz, who appeared to have grown a foot since I last saw him, showed up to inquire about re-registering for the class.  I told him to tell his parents to sign him up for the summer class since registration for that is happening now.  The last person I let sign up for the current session was Idris, but Idris is out sick for a while.  I don't want to deal with having to train another kid who didn't sign up until the middle of the session.  The fifth week of this session begins next week.
This session has also seen a few kids get kicked out due to attendance issues.  The class is dwindling like it usually does during the mid-point of the session.  But I've had a few kids quickly come along to replace the ones who were ejected. 
Kierra, a new teen girl, had her information put in the system today for both this session and the summer session.  Unfortunately, I have a feeling she may not show up for either time.  Her mom and step dad were more enthusiastic about her joining the class but Kierra appeared to have a different opinion.  Also, I've already been informed that she can't do the full five days.
The adult class is...well, it seems to be all over the place.  Some are often out because of work, some because of other obligations, and others have been missing from class for who knows what reason.  I did appreciate the other day when Ariel brought his sixty-something-year-old dad in with him.  Ariel's dad used to box back in the day, and I could tell by the way he moved that he knew what he was talking about.  

No comments: