Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Finishing Out The Year


It seemed like a long, long way to walk to the gym.  It was lightly snowing, and I was eyeing the sidewalk for signs of ice while concentrating on how to use my cane properly.  When I got to the field house, there was a cop car parked on the sidewalk out front.  I wonder what happened this time, I thought to myself.

There had been a scuffle in the basketball gym.  Not much of a surprise, but still not a good thing to happen. Luckily, things were peaceful in the boxing gym.  First of all, there was no sign of Igor.  The only people there outside of Alan were Matthew, Renee, and Colonel.  People were surprised to see me on the cane.  My left leg is getting better, but I still need the extra support to get around.  Alan shook his head.  "You're not planning to spar, are you?" he asked.  "Oh, no!  But I can hit the bags," I replied.


Doing the workout was a little difficult.  I allowed myself a lot of breaks.  Every time Alan would notice me limping, he'd shake his head again.  But I made it through, and I think moving around helped my leg.

Hopefully, when the winter session begins next week, my left leg will have healed some more.  Don't want the new people to be scared off, thinking I'm limping around as a result of something that happened in the gym.

No comments: