Thursday, September 29, 2011

Two Days Before Fight Time

Colonel walked into the gym, clean as the Board of Health.  He was wearing a suit jacket and pants with a turtleneck.  "Why are you so sharp today?" I asked him.  "What are you talking about?  I'm sharp every day!" he laughed. 



Baia returned; I forgot that she's in school, and she can only make it to the gym once a week.  She brought a friend with her, Lynestra (I'll get the name right soon), who will sign up.  Ray brought a professional boxer with him named Chuck, who just signed a two year contract to fight.  Alan did not come in Wednesday.  Rosh Hashannah began that night.  He'll come in later on Friday evening for the rest of the boxing show. 

As usual, there was no sparring because Alan was out.  There was still a lot of activity, however.  I spent most of the evening training Baia and Lynestra.  Professor gave them tips, as well.  Kenny and Chuck worked with Ray and Jacob on pads.  Kenny told me that I should raise my hooks to the body to catch opponents in the liver and in the ribs.  He told Ray and Chuck, "Hillari caught me with one of her body shots once, and my pride kept me from doubling over and yelling @#$&!  I wasn't going to let it be known that a female had gotten the best of me."  All of us fell out laughing.  I thanked Kenny for the tip and made a mental note to remember it for Friday night.

No comments: