Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tall Girl vs. Short Girl

Sarah and I sparred for the first time in a long time.  As chronicled before in this blog, I could never figure out how to get around her arms in the past, and she's much taller than I.  But tonight I did, getting in body shots and surprise, surprise, some hooks.  Sarah's sister Amy taped the two rounds we did.  I saw that I was moving my head, but sporadically.  Sarah got in many flurries of lefts and rights, and she really put her weight behind them.  Sarah caught me off guard during the second round with one such flurry.  I stumbled back into the ropes, but I didn't fall down.  Alan got on both of us about keeping our hands up.  Mine were down a lot during the second round.


Leon came in and he sparred with Kenny.  Alan had to push Leon off Kenny a few times, as Leon got a bit rough.  Erica was cringing as she watched them.  Earlier, her boyfriend Matthieu was sparring with Leon.  "I had to leave the room because I couldn't watch them," she told me.  She did watch while Sarah and I were in the ring, but Erica was disturbed by that, too.  I overheard Alan asking her if she wanted to spar earlier, but Erica wanted no part of it.  She was really horrified when she heard I had sparred with Leon before.



I wanted to practice more bobbing and weaving, but while stretching, my right knee let me know that wasn't happening this evening.  I was running down the stairs in my apartment and not feeling much pain in my knees, so I thought I was good.  Tricked again.

No comments: