Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Snowed In

Professor sent me a message asking if I knew if the gym was open tonight.  A quick check of the Chicago Park District's web site showed that Loyola was one of the field houses that would not be open this evening.  It's too bad.  My paralegal class was canceled this evening, but I would have trudged through the snow to go to the gym.

I had a taste for eggs and bacon this morning.  Too bad I didn't have a taste for them yesterday afternoon while I was shopping at the Morse Fresh Market.  I fought the snow drifts this morning to make a trip to the corner store.  The snow showed me that my left knee is still very unstable.  "That's all I need to do is to re-injure it," I grumbled to myself.  As I approached the corner of my block on the way back, I saw a guy standing there, looking in disbelief.  "All this snow," he said, as I got closer.  "This is 1967", I commented, referring to the blizzard that literally shut Chicago down in January of that year.  "You remember that, too?" he said, and we both laughed. 

No comments: