Thursday, January 06, 2011

My Left Knee Had An Opinion Last Night

Just when I thought no women would come in this session, Angela showed up last night.  She used to go to Clarendon Park years ago.  Alan told me later that he remembered her taking boxing there. 

Sadiq returned again, and I was glad to see him.  He gave me some good encouragement while I was in sparring with Michael.  I was in the middle of throwing a right when my left knee decided to go out.  Michael apologized, because he thought he had knocked me down.  "No, it wasn't you," I told him.  Common sense would have told anybody else to stop sparring at that point, but I kept going.  Michael had to keep reminding me to direct my punches up.  Too many of them were dangerously going below the belt; I grazed him once.  "I'll wear a cup the next time," he smiled. 

Jordan showed up.  I had a bad feeling that he would sooner or later.  "I'm not going to nag, I'm not going to argue," I thought to myself.  As soon as Alan came in, I took the water bottles away to fill them.  Mary passed me on her way to the gym.  I could hear her giving her speech to people about paying the gym fee.  When I came back to the gym, Jordan was gone, so Mary's speech must have ran him out.  That won't keep him out permanently, however.  Jordan will sneak in at some other time because that's how his brain works.

Paul is the name of the fourth new guy.  I'm assuming that he, Frank, and Alan are all around the same age.  Frank was saying on Monday night how the workout was tough, and Paul was saying the same thing last night. 

I know it's tough based on how I was limping today.  It wasn't that I was really hurting, but I could not move fast at all.  My lower back felt out of sorts as well.  I brought a cane from the drug store. Figured that I will need it sooner or later. 

Josh came in, fifteen minutes before closing time as usual.  Alan said, "I can't say anything because he's paid up," but the coach did shake his head.  Josh wanted to spar with me, but I was spent from going around the squared circle with Michael. 

No comments: