Thursday, December 23, 2010

Showing Up At The End

Alan and I mostly had the gym to ourselves again Wednesday night.  He and I sparred for three rounds.  Once again, the coach caught me in the nose with a punch.  My legs were wobbly during round two, but I managed to stay on my feet.  After we were done sparring,  Jamil came in with a friend of his named Rob.  They chatted with Alan and I briefly, then they left. 

Nine o'clock came and Alan and I were shutting the gym down.  Josh walked in.  "You've got to be kidding me!" Alan exclaimed.  "Can I get a round in?" Josh asked.  "We're closing up," I said, pointing to the timer which I had already turned off.  Alan let him work out for three rounds.  "I heard that you signed up, but it's a waste of time to show up ten or five minutes before closing time.  You don't get enough of a workout that way," Alan told Josh.  Josh promised to come in earlier. 

No comments: