Thursday, February 11, 2010

Boxing Withdrawal

I did not go to the gym last night, and it was the first time I had missed a session in a long time.  I'm thinking about going back to school, so I went to an open house held by Loyola University's School of Continuing and Professional Studies.  It was held at their Water Tower campus.  I talked with the head of the Paralegal Studies program, as well as alumni.  The information I received was very beneficial.  Since no one seems to be interested in hiring support staff people these days, especially ones who are my age or older, I've been thinking it's high time for a change.  It was well worth my time to go to the open house. I'm going to check out some other schools, too. 

However, I suffered boxing withdrawal, as I told Virginia today when we had lunch together.  I hate to miss boxing for any reason, including illness.  But sometimes, schedules overlap, and one engagement has to have priority over another one.  When I do return to class, which might be as soon as this spring, my class schedule may conflict with going to the gym at times.  I hope not, but I'll have to bite the bullet if it does. 

No comments: