Thursday, September 03, 2009

Quiet Action Night

"You gotta sign up", Alan told Sadiq last night. "This is why the gym is empty; people aren't allowed to work out for free anymore." Indeed, only Carlos, Justin, Johnny, and myself were in attendance last night.

Carlos and Johnny sparred. "Doesn't Carlos look like he's slowing up?" Alan asked me. "Yes, he does," I answered. "I'm tired tonight, and I still have to go to work later on," Carlos said. Justin wasn't paying too much attention to the action. He blissfully played with his Super Mario video game off to the side of the ring.

Turns out that Justin had orientation at his school earlier this week. He doesn't actually start Kindergarten until next Tuesday. I told him, if I remember, I'll bring in my Kindergarten picture for him to look at.

A friend of mine, Yaddi, sent me a message earlier in the day asking if I could train her. I told her where the gym was and the price of attending the gym. I was hoping she would come in last night to look around, but she didn't come in. Yaddi and I met when we were trying out for the roller derby three years ago.

At the end of the night, only Alan and I were left in the gym. This has been a really big lull period in the gym. The fall session begins in a couple of weeks. Maybe attendance will pick up then.

No comments: