Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Younger, Bigger Brother

Josh, who hasn't been in for awhile, came in with his "younger, bigger brother". Zev is 19 years old and 6 foot nine. Leon was taken aback when he saw him, and Leon is not a small man (6 foot 5). Josh's brother worked out for a little bit, but he was more interested in getting back to his hand-held video game. Oscar did not come in last night, and neither did any of the women.

I believe the spring session ends this week, and the summer session begins next week. Mary told Alan to watch out for people who show up frequently at the gym, but haven't paid the fee. It appears that several persons have been doing that for a long time. When Steve was there, he'd let folks get a workout in from time to time who hadn't signed up. But now, the Chicago Park District is auditing programs and cracking down. No one is going to be allowed to participate in programs for free anymore. I think most gyms have the problem of people just dropping in whenever to work out simply because the gym is open. But unlike private gyms, the Chicago Park District does not have a setup where people can pay for a one day pass to workout.

At the end of the evening, only Alan, Leon and myself were in the gym. Leon was talking about breaking up with a long-time girlfriend of his. He said something about "black women are materialistic." "Yeah, white women don't ask for things like black women do," Alan agreed. Leon looked at me and said, "No disrepect!" and Alan said the same thing. I had to agree that some black women do demand financial favors. I once asked a boyfriend to pay my light bill. I wasn't working at the time, and needed the extra money. The now ex-boyfriend did not honor my request (among other things he didn't do, but that's a long story), but expected me to help him a few dollars here and there. I found a job not long afterwards, and never asked him to help me financially again. I also stopped funding him, especially after he never felt the need to pay me back. The jerkass still owes me $200 dollars.

I learned that Toby (Kevin), Tracy Jr., and Nate Jr. are fighting at Thillen's Stadium tomorrow. I want to attend. The weather is supposed to be better tomorrow (it's raining today), and Thillen's is an outdoor stadium.

No comments: