Friday, April 17, 2009

Every Week Sparring

Melanie told me this past Wednesday, "You know I'm going to want to spar every week when I come in." She really likes it. I told her that I have no problem with that.

I also sparred with Katie, another new person in class. Alan and I told her to use her reach. "You have long arms, so you can keep me off of you forever," I said. Katie was very apprehensive, but she found that she liked the sparring, too. Katie and Maggie then sparred with each other. "She's scrappy!" Melanie said of Maggie. Maggie, who is shorter than Katie, was getting in there. Heather also sparred with Maggie. Remember, these were the ladies who did not want to spar the other night.

The gym was fairly populated on Wednesday. In addition to the above mentioned folks, Mike and Gregory sparred. Mike became tired very fast. He kept turning his back on Gregory, which is a no-no. I think they only went a couple of rounds and they were done. Joe sparred with someone; it might have been Pete, but I'm not sure. Pete told me Otis has class on Mondays (Pete and Otis both attend Loyola University), which is why he hadn't been in.

No comments: