Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Wrists

On Tuesday night, I ran into Helen. She had attended the gym several sessions ago. Helen has a couple of little kids at home, and she goes to college. I told her about the new gym schedule, and she thought she might be able to fit boxing in again.

Tommy visited the gym on Wednesday. He's dealing with work issues, but he wants to come back and get into shape. He asked me if any of the old regulars have been around. I was just thinking that I haven't seen Wally and Keith for a few weeks. Of course, JJ and MoMo train elsewhere these days.

My right wrist continues to hurt on and off. Last night, I noticed my left wrist was acting up, too. When it was just the right wrist giving me problems, I suspected carpal tunnel syndrome. Now I'm leaning towards arthritis. It's already in my knees; I don't need it in my hands and wrists, too.

Manny came in. He sparred with Mike (not to be confused with the other two guys named Mike who used to train at Loyola Gym). Mike is a friend of Johnny, who also came in yesterday after having been gone for awhile. Manny kept telling Mike to remain loose. It is so easy to tense up in the ring, but it's not helpful.

I've been spelling Alan's name wrong, so from here on in, I'll do it correctly.

No comments: