Thursday, March 05, 2009

Wednesday Return

Oksana thought I had quit the gym because I had been gone for awhile. Work and sickness have kept me out longer than I thought. There were a couple of guys I didn't recognize; they were new. One of them was a buddy of John, who was in attendance.

"I can do defense, but my feet won't move fast enough. I guess it's because I'm 47 years old," John told me. "I'm the same age," I told him. He stopped and gave me a look of disbelief. "You look really young," he told me. "Eh, I look in the mirror and see the small wrinkles and the gray hairs," I smiled. I agreed with him that middle age slows down reflexes. My footwork isn't what it used to be, either. It's just as well I didn't spar tonight. After being out for awhile, I need to work my way back up to that.

The speed bag is still down. When Steve was the coach, it was noticed that where the bag screws in looked stripped. The bag seems to be down more times than it's up lately. I console myself by getting time on the double-end bag.

Greg is going to sign up for the Golden Gloves, Allen told me. The sign up for the tournament is soon. I need to catch up with Barry to see if he's heard anything about a coach's clinic.

No comments: