Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Two-A-Night

I sparred with Oksana again last night, and my head was bounced around again. Allen was barking, "Come on, work the jab! You gotta get in there!" I was definately not on my game at all. Halfway through the round, I was tired out. Something told me not to agree to spar, but I did it anyway.

Then I was in the ring with Sol. "Are you hitting with your full strength?" she asked me at the end of our first round. "No," I answered. "Me neither," she admitted. It was a little easier with Sol because she's about the same height as I am. Sol did manage to pop me in the stomach a few times.

I have got to check my gym bag before I leave the house. Got all the way to the gym to find out I had left one of my boxing shoes at home. I was sparring in the ring wearing socks. My mouthpiece wasn't in, either. "Any tips on how to wear a mouthpiece without gagging on it?" I asked Allen. "Try wearing it while working on the bags," he suggested.

I also need to remember to wear my volunteer badge. The park district is cutting down on folks showing up in classes who haven't paid. As a volunteer, I attend the gym for free. However, in order not to get Allen or myself in trouble in case someone shows up to monitor, I need to have the badge on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You won't gag if you learn how to breath while you're sparring, don't hold your breath or you'll gag.