Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Internist's Eye

I didn't know that Keike was an internist, as well as Sol's fiancee. I thought they might have already been married. Sol didn't come in, but Keike did; he took a punch to his right eye last night. I didn't see the punch because I was working on one of the heavy bags. I turned around in time to see him hanging over the ropes. "I'm seeing double," Keike told Coach A and I. I do hope he went to have his eye checked out today.

Coach A told us he had suffered a detached retina once. Luckily, he got medical help soon enough to save his sight. "I get in the ring to work the mitts and things like that, but as for mixing it up in sparring? I'm too old to take those hits anymore," he said.

Oksana wasn't there last night, so I was spared from having my head knocked around. It's my fault, really. I have to practice more at being an inside fighter. I'm too short to fight from a distance.

No comments: