Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New Year and Some Old Faces

It was the first night of the Winter session. Allen was surprised when he saw all the newcomers who showed up. He immediately put them to work.

Muhammad, Wally and Deb returned to the gym last night. Wally has now graduated from college. Deb stated that she had taken boxing long before coming to Loyola Park at a gym in Iowa. I finally got to tell Muhammad (MoMo) how much I loved the lamb that his mother had fixed. He told me that he and I will have to check out some Pakistani restaurants.

I shadow boxed most of the time because there wasn't much space to do anything else. The newcomers were on the bags for most of the evening. My right shoulder was acting up. I have no idea what that is about. Maybe I've been sleeping on it wrong. It could also just be another hint that I'm getting older.

No comments: