Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Holiday Boxing

I was a little surprised the gym (and the field house, as well) was open on MLK, Jr. Day. But then I had to remember the gym never used to be open on Mondays at all.

Amanda is the person who saw this blog on the 'Net. She asked about sparring with me in a couple of weeks, and I told her we could. Later, Allan asked me about sparring with the women in the class. He wasn't sure how many would be interested. The guy who works in airport security figured if the women keep coming into the gym, they would eventually want to spar. That's not always true, but I'm always hoping more would be interested in sparring.

Another guy in the gym, one whom I helped wrap his hands a few times (I have to get people's names straight), saw the picture of me up on the bulletin board. "Boxing has really helped you! I can tell that you are a lot smaller than you were in that picture," he said. The picture is from Halloween of 2002, and was taken of me sitting at my former job in my boxing gear. I do look bigger in that photo, so I guess I have lost some weight. Still have more to take off, however.

No comments: