Thursday, August 14, 2008

Slow Going

Steve sent his new contact information to me the other day. He stated that Buffalo, NY appears to be a very charming, at least in the summer.

Which I could say the same for Rogers Park, which has experienced a run of street fights all summer long. I saw one in the middle of the street a couple of weeks ago, down the way from a new field house that just opened on Howard Street. Yesterday, I got to work (I've been bumped up to part-time church secretary for the moment), and the custodian pointed out gang graffiti that had been placed on the side of the church, on someone's car nearby, and the apartment building just south of the church.

I called Graffiti Blasters to come clean it off. No telling when they will show up. They'll probably act faster than Alderman Moore's office will. Pastor, who has no love for the alderman, asked me to call there. I was switched to the voice mail of a staffer who has yet to get back to me about the problem.

Still no word from the Chicago Park District about the boxing coach job at Loyola Park. The adult boxing program has missed a lot of opportunities to appear at Park District and outside boxing shows this summer. The Park District boxing shows continue until the beginning of December. Even if the program reopens for the fall, there may not be any fighters ready and available to participate in the shows that are left.

No comments: