Monday, March 24, 2008

Before The Gloves

JJ could be a good coach. He held pads for me on Friday night, and explained (very well) the reasoning behind different combinations.

The Golden Gloves begin tonight, and since I no longer have an amateur boxer's license, I'll probably have to pay to get in. There's a chance I could get in free if I arrive very early, and catch Steve. He's not planning to get there until after 6:00 PM. The guys who have matches are expected to get themselves there and weigh-in on their own.

I'm wondering if Gary dropped off his old boxing equipment to Les. I've refrained from calling my ex-boss to check, out of lingering anger over how quickly I was ushered out of my former job. For all I know, Les could have been driving around with the stuff in the back of his trunk for all this time.

At Joe's last week, Mike and Brian didn't get fights. Kristen didn't want to fight that evening, so she didn't have a match either. I believe that Paul fought and won.


No comments: