Thursday, February 28, 2008

Intervals

Brian asked Kristin if he could use her interval timer. I had seen them in boxing equipment catalogs, but wasn't sure how they worked. They can be set for different times (15 second spurts, for example). The bells marking the interval periods ring differently than the bells on the normal round timers. Brian, Ben and myself did intervals -- hitting the heavy bag furiously -- and it was a good workout.

The gym was fairly populated last night, but I noticed that Kristin and I were the only women in attendance. I ran into Nina at Starbucks several days ago. I noticed that she was doing some work on her computer and was surrounded with papers. I thought I remembered she told me she was a college student. Perhaps that's why she hasn't been able to come to the gym for awhile.

I had ran into Jordan on Sunday while I was walking to church. He was a no-show last night. Jim, whom Steve likened to being an older version of Jordan, returned to the gym after being gone for several sessions. Jim appeared to be miffed because Steve didn't have the time to work the pads with him. "That's what I came in here for," Jim grumbled before he left for the evening. He hasn't changed much; still expecting personalized attention that Steve can't really afford to give.

Igor was there last night, and he looked like he had lost some weight. I heard that he was a professional boxer in Europe, but never boxed professionally in the States.

I seemed to have a whole lot of energy last night. It was as if I was the Energizer Bunny. I don't know where that energy came from, but I wish I had it all the time.

No comments: