Saturday, December 01, 2007

Fight Inquiries

No sooner than Mary opened up the gym, and I turned the radio on, a woman came in with a young guy. She was his mom, and she was interested in signing him up for the gym. Somebody told her she had to talk to Steve, who was still out. I advised her to wait a couple of weeks to sign up for the winter session, as the fall session is quickly coming to a close. She appeared to be more interested than her son. The 20-year-old guy seldom said anything the whole time they were there.

Another set of guys who were in the building for a basketball game stopped by and asked many questions about getting involved in boxing. Jordan had come in by that time, and he interjected with some of his own opinions.

Mike came in and brought Eric with him, and Arin was there. It was a light turnout. Keith came in briefly, asking where Steve was. "He's interviewing for professor positions", Mike and I told him. "Wow, he's trying to get out of here," Keith laughed.

I had a little more energy last night than I had on Wednesday. Mike held the punch mitts for me, but after a couple of rounds, I was worn out.

No comments: