Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Missing

I guess both Candace and Bridget have given up. Neither of them showed up on Friday night. G was not there, either, although Gilberto told me he had shown up the week the gym was closed. JJ was asked about Mort, and he stated that he hadn't seen him in awhile.

Steve wanted to sign up Terrell for a show fight in September, but Terrell's going to back in college by that time. He attends school in Mississippi. Terrell sparred with his friend Wally and popped him in the eye. Steve and I inspected the damage -- Wally's eye was a little red, but it wasn't blackened or closed. His nose was bleeding a little, but he took care of it.

Willie came in late with a couple of his grandchildren. He arrived a little too late for sparring, which was just as well. Personally, I didn't want to see a repeat of the slugfest that took place between him and Terrell the other day. JJ and Nate Sr. got their usual sparring in.

I learned that Diego made it all the way to the finals at the Ringside competition in Kansas, but lost his final fight. That still left him as a number one ranked contender, which is a good thing. I wish I could have competed in that. I'll always regret that I couldn't.

No comments: